It’s not just the inside of your home that appeals to potential buyers. It’s the outside of the house, too. People look at the whole picture when buying a house. They want something that has curb appeal and fits their list of must-haves.
Give the Outdoors the Same Care You Give the Indoors
HGTV notes that a few small fixes can make the outside of your home look incredible. Most of the suggestions cost less than $100 and can help you reach the full asking price for your home. If you’re looking for a fast way to increase curb appeal, try painting the front door, trim or shutters a bold color.
It’s one way to make a big statement. People can’t help but wonder what the home looks like inside when it’s painted this way. They’ll be more curious to see the inside if they feel that the outside looks outstanding.
Making Your Home More Appealing in a Few Easy Steps
There are a number of ways to stage the outside of your home for potential buyers. Here are a few suggestions that you’ll find ideal:
- Take quality photos of the house in good light. You want others to envision the home the way you do, attractive, comfortable, and welcoming. If your photos are taken in bad light, you’re not going to sell the home’s benefits easily. Focus on taking good photos while you have the time, and do some simple editing before you put them up where the public can see. You can use a free photo software app such as PicMonkey or Adobe Photoshop to heighten the quality of the photos you post.
- See the home through the buyer’s eyes. What flaws do you zero in on? Are they merely cosmetic or require a complete overhaul? What is it that you love? What do you hate? Pinpointing specifics helps you better prepare your home’s exterior for a potential buyer. You can focus your time and energy on the things that you know stick out to others.
- Prepare the area for visitors. Just like you’d stage the various rooms of your home, you’ll also want to stage your patio, deck, and backyard. You’re not selling just the front of your house, either. The backyard is a big deal for many people, particularly if it can be seen as a space to play, garden, swim, cook, and entertain. This also includes cleaning the house numbers so they shine. Small details done to the front and the back of the home pay off. You’re able to make your home even more appealing when the front and back yards look as great as the interior rooms of the house.
- Pressure wash your deck. It’s a great way to remove dirt and stains off it. It’s a very easy and cost effective way to instantly increase the appeal of the home. You’ll be able to get it taken care of quickly and see instant results. A nice, large deck gets people interested in the home that you’re selling fast. You’ll be able to show potential buyers what it means to spend time outside the home, in a beautiful backyard setting, during perfect temperatures.
- Add some colorful plants. You can instantly transform an otherwise drab area of the yard into something spectacular by adding colorful plants. You can add them to containers on the porch, window boxes, and even front beds. Always use real flowers not artificial because you want a buyer to visualize what he or she can do themselves to the yard. A bunch of beautiful plants helps illustrate this point in a way that people fully understand.
- Open up the shutters, curtains, and blinds. You’ll make the home look warm and inviting by doing this. It makes the home look lived in and cozy which helps buyers see themselves in similar situations. When you have the opportunity, go outside and see how the home appears with the windows open like this.
As you can see, there are many ways to make the outside of your home look as beautiful as the inside. It helps attract quality buyers and makes your home sell incredibly fast. If you haven’t had the opportunity to take care of the outside of your house, what’s stopping you from doing so?
A Few Simple Tweaks Later and Your Home is Ready to Sell
You don’t have to do much to stage the outside of your home for potential buyers. In fact, it doesn’t take a lot of effort whatsoever once you know which areas to target and how to improve their appearance. A few simple tweaks is exactly what it takes to appeal to people looking to buy a new home. Your deck will serve as a big selling point, so make sure to clean and decorate it accordingly!