Some DIY Tips for More Privacy in Your Garden, Deck, and Patio
A garden, deck, and patio make your home even more beautiful and enjoyable. That doesn’t mean that they have to be out in the open where everyone driving by can see them, however. You can get the same sense of security you have inside your home outdoors, too. You just need to know how to make your yard more private.
How to Create an Outdoor Oasis That is Safe and Secure
The following list of DIY tips help you create a calm oasis that is hidden to passers-by. You can still do all of the things you enjoy doing in the open (grilling, swimming, planting, pruning, and even allowing your pets and children to run and play) without fear of everyone driving by seeing what you’re up to. It’s something that takes time initially but pays off in the long run.
Here are some suggestions on making your outdoor space more private:
- Add a pergola or arbor. Not only will you be provided with additional shade, you’ll also be able to create a sense of privacy in the area that you’re looking at revamping. It looks structurally satisfying and also helps keep your outdoor area cool so you can spend more time in it year round. It’s one of the easiest ways to make a space feel like an extension of your home. You can set up furniture, lay down a rug on your patio or deck, and start spending more time outdoors.
- Use outdoor drapery to block sunlight and wandering eyes. Pretty as well as practical, drapes do double duty. They allow sunlight to stream in which helps light up the space as well as warm and cool it. They also provide a layer of protection for your family from neighbors and other visitors who might get a glance of what you’re doing if you didn’t have them installed.
- Buy some hanging planters to obstruct the view. Not only do they look incredible and are inexpensive to buy, planters hide the things behind them well. You can stagger the planters at different heights to create visual interest. People will be so focused on the plants that you have hanging to notice that you’re outdoors spending time with your family. You’ll have a space that looks and feels amazingly natural, too.
- Create a natural privacy wall. Window box planters are wonderful. They can be attached to your fence and used to grow a variety of herbs, vegetables, and flowers. Use it as an excuse to test out your green thumb. See how lush and green you can make your backyard space. People won’t be able to see anything but the beautiful garden you’ve created for yourself and your family. It’s a relatively easy fix to a privacy problem. Best of all, it doesn’t cost much, either.
- Install rail planters. Again, the idea is to add more greenery in the space that you’re in. Rail planters are perfect for decks and railed patio areas. You can attach them within minutes and fill them with your favorite plants. It’s one way to add more variety to your backyard. You can have a garden full of vegetables and outdoor spaces full of flowers, medicinal herbs or culinary herbs. The choice is up to you!
There are a number of low cost options for you to choose from. Each is designed to make the most of the space you have while increasing the amount of privacy you experience while spending time outdoors. If you don’t want everyone to see what you’re doing, you can easily hide behind lush greenery or install drapes that mask you and your family outdoors.
A Space All Your Own for Your Family and Friends to Enjoy
Give your garden, deck, and patio spaces the privacy they deserve. After all, you’re a friendly person but do enjoy having the freedom to do as you please without everyone in the neighborhood knowing about it. Protect your home and your most valuable assets from harm by taking a few extra weeks adding privacy fences, hedges, and other features to your yard. You’ll gain a sense of calm upon learning what the few DIY tips listed above can do to make your home and yards feel safe and secure going forward.
If you need a pergola or arbor built, contact Diamond Decks for more information about our services. We want to ensure that you’re 100% satisfied with the work that we do for you. That’s why we go the extra mile to make sure that everything looks and feels the way you want it to.
We offer options that fit your needs and budget. Contact us to discuss ways to make your backyard private. We’ll help you come up with solutions that protects your home and most precious assets from prowlers and other nuisances.