Decorating Your Deck for Fall and Winter
With fall and winter fast approaching, it’s time to think about how you can invite the changing seasons into the décor on your deck. If you’re the type of person who goes all out during the holidays, you’re going to have no problem coming up with a theme that carries you through the colder weather months of the year. If you aren’t as imaginative, don’t worry because we’re going to offer you some tips that will make the process easier overall.
Getting Your Deck Fall and Winter Ready
Your deck is an extension of your home. It’s a place that brings you lots of happiness. When planning for the changing seasons, there are things you can do to prepare for them. Here is how to decorate your deck for fall and winter:
- Remove all pool-related items. It’s time to store all your summer gear. This includes your pool floats, noodles, and other pool-related items. Place them in the garage or shed for next year’s pool season. That way they’ll be ready when you need them and you won’t be forced to throw them away or replace them because they’ve been damaged.
- Give it a facelift. If your deck is older or looking weathered, clean it well, repaint it, and seal it. These tasks are easier to do in the fall because there is less to do around the yard. A few simple repairs can transform the look of the space and remind you as to why it was once a favorite place to hang out.
- Deadhead your flowers and remove dead leaves from your plants. If you have a container garden on your deck, the change of seasons will likely cause flora and fauna to turn different colors or die altogether. Remove the dead heads off your flowers and prune your plants so only the healthy leaves remain. Make sure to water and tend to them regularly and if it gets too cold for them to survive outdoors, bring them in where they stand a better chance of living.
- Add fall décor. Choose colors that remind you of the season. Reds, oranges, yellows, and golds are great for fall. Silvers, golds, reds, greens, and whites are nice for winter because they remind you of the holidays. Change out your pillows, poufs, and other décor in favor of warmer colors. You’ll make the space feel cozy and inviting long after you’ve closed the pool for the summer.
- Light up the space. Use white twinkle lights or hurricane lanterns to give the deck a warm glow. Set the tone for when you have visitors over for fall events. If the weather stays nice, you can entertain outdoors for hours. You’ll have the right lighting to do so. There is something extra special about outdoor lighting at night. It mimics the soft glow of the setting sun. It gives you an excuse to stay outdoors longer. It makes a space look and feel much more spacious than it really is.
- Add a chimenea or fire pit. Make the deck warm no matter what the temperature is outdoors. Huddle together and spend some time in the cool, crisp air. You’ll love having a dedicated space you can use year-round. You’ll love sitting outside with your family and friends talking about life.
There are many ways you can add fall and winter décor to your deck. You can do it through color, shape, and texture. You can add items that remind you of the holidays. You can also include lighting that helps mimic the warm glow of a fire.
Make the Outdoor Space Look and Feel Spacious
Go the extra mile to make your outdoor space feel as comfortable and spacious as the inside of your homes feels. Diamond Decks works with you to build a deck that you’ll get great use out of. It doesn’t matter if the space is small or big. You’ll get exactly what you asked for when you hire us to build your deck for you.
The Benefits of Having a Deck
Your deck should be a place you can go to unwind, entertain, and explore the outdoors. Since you live in a warmer weather state, you’ll get a great amount of use out of it year-round. That’s what makes a deck a great investment.
It improves the appearance of your home and even adds value to the property. If you decided to move and sell your house, you’d attract more buyers with your deck. It’s something that lots of people look for when they’re searching for their dream property.
When you’re ready to have a new deck built, let us know. We work with you to make sure that it is everything you wanted for your property and more. It’s a place where you’ll spend many years decorating it and making memories with your family and friends.