20 Reasons Why Your New Outdoor Deck Will Be a Hit!
An outdoor deck is a great place to spend your time during the warmer months of the year, not to mention a gorgeous addition to any house. With so much fun to be had, it’s hard to decide how to take full advantage of your home’s latest add-on. So here are twenty activities to enjoy on your beautiful new outdoor deck.
- Host a cookout. A classic summertime activity. Break in your new deck with a good old fashioned cook out. Throw some burgers on the grill, whip up some potato salad, and relax in your comfiest chair.
- Have a movie night. Whether you choose to watch on your laptop, or rig up a sheet and a projector, decks are the perfect place for movie nights. Combine the fun of a drive in with the comfort of a night in, and save the pleasure of sitting in your car for hours at a time for your daily commute.
- Camp out. Camping out on your deck is a fun activity for children and adults alike. Pitch a tent, or roll your sleeping bag out for a fun, outdoor experience safely out of reach from the nocturnal creatures that inhabit your yard.
- Work on your tan. Give your skin a little vitamin D and a healthy, golden glow. You will be happy on rainy days that you took the time to lay back on your deck, and soak up the sun.
- Build a fire. Roast hot dogs, make s’mores, and tell ghost stories. A summer tradition can be an all year tradition when you have a deck.
- Do yoga. Nothing is more relaxing than than feeling a cool breeze in your hair as you do yoga. Your deck with give you a solid, clean spot to place your yoga mat so that you can forget all of your troubles and focus on your practice.
- Have a dance party. All you need to do is hook up a speaker, bust out your favorite albums, and then dance the night away with friends. In the comfort of your own backyard, you can feel free to be yourself, and dance your heart out. It is a good way to get some exercise and blow off a little steam.
- Read a book. Enjoy a good book and a cup of tea while also enjoying the fresh air. Indoors, you get distracted by the television, pets, and housework. In the yard, you’re bombarded by bugs, and you can’t find a comfortable reading position. On your deck, you find serene and less- buggy reading paradise.
- Play board games. Be it Scrabble, Checkers, or Yahtzee, a deck is great for board games. Sit under an umbrella on a warm Sunday and play until the sun goes down. Your can exercise your brain, and enjoy the fresh air with minimal effort.
- Watch the stars/clouds. Sometimes, you just need to sit back and stare at the sky. Your deck provides a great view, and a comfortable spot to sit and reflect on the beauty of Mother Earth.
- Do a wine tasting. Skip out on pricey winery tastings and do your own at home. Your beautiful deck will create a rustic, yet refined atmosphere for tasting wine with your friends. Try to guess which wine is which, or just enjoy the array of flavors.
- Have a fondue party. Cheese, chocolate, and poking things with sticks. Fondue in a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy year- round.
- Have a water balloon fight. Sometimes, it is okay to make a mess. A water balloon fight seems messy, but is really good, clean fun. You can wash your deck and have a great time all in one go. Just make sure the balloon pieces get picked up afterwards.
- Host a dinner party. Show off your culinary skills and your great taste in decks by hosting a dinner party.
- Create a masterpiece. Whether you are a painter, poet, or author, nature will inspire you from your deck. Let the beauty of nature guide you to creating a masterpiece.
- Watch birds. Bird watching is another time to sit and relax. Just sit and admired the different birds that fly through your yard. Have your kids play bird bingo.
- Fall asleep in a hammock. Have a lazy day and take a nap in a hammock. You will wake up feeling refreshed, and ready to take on any challenge you face.
- Catch fireflies. You little ones will be within your view, but will have the freedom to catch as many lightning bugs as they can. All you need are some mason jars.
- Cultivate a container garden. For your more delicate plants, try planting them in pots on your deck. This way, rabbits and other herbivorous animals will be out of luck with they want to snack on your plants.
- Make your neighbors jealous. Be the envy of your entire neighborhood with a beautiful, quality deck. As soon as they see how much fun you have on yours, they will need one too.
If you are considering building a new deck, get it touch with the experts! Here at Diamond Decks, we strive to be the best deck building company in Texas and beyond: let us show you why we deserve that title!